Clitoria ternatea, Butterfly Flea, (Sinhala: Katarolu, කටරොළු) two types blue or white flowers. The blue flower variety is very common and grows wild and considered a weed in rural areas.
- Southeast Asia, the flower is used as a natural food colouring
- Thai cuisine the flowers are dipped in batter and fried.
Tea from the flower
- Flower tea and dried lemongrass
- with lemon juice turns it purple
- With honey and lemon gives the tea a pink-purple color
- Blue in the bottle (Needs to be stored in a dark place to keep color)
- Pink when mixed with a carbonated mixer