You can use this info to create markers, measure distance in My Google Maps. This is a link to the example custom map in Google My Map.
Getting the GPS Coordinates.1) Turn on the GPS on your phone. Remember to turn it off once you have done taking your measurements. GPS uses up battery and data.
2)You can use Google maps on your phone (iPhone or Android). However, In Sri Lanka in most places the Data Connection is too slow to use Google Maps to get GPS Latitude, Longitude coordinates. So use an App
- Android : GPS Coordinates (Free)
- iPhone: Compass
Setting up the Data to be Imported in the Map.Preferable done on a computer. larger screen is easier to work with.
1) Open email/emails, copy and paste the Lat,Long in a CSV (Comma Separated Values).
I use notepad (or any basic text editor).
2) Your file/data should look like this.
8.2684256, 79.86844306, Cadju Tree
8.26704793, 79.86826721, Entrance Cabin Veranda
3) Save the file as SomeName.csv
Importing the Data into a Maphttps://www.google.com/maps/d/ and create a new maps
2) On left hand side, under Untitled Layer, click on Import3) When the Choose a File to Import dialog appears, Click on Select a file from your Computer
4) Wait a few seconds while the data loads.
Voila, your basic map has been created.